- For 2008, the FJR1300A gets a new ABS system, new scratch-resistant hard windshield coating, a new windshield bracket design and new grips.
- A light-and-rigid aluminum frame, sportbike running gear and standard hard sidebags go beautifully together.
- Pushbutton adjustable windscreen and a thick comfy seat for two are perfect for comfortable, long-distance riding.
- The world’s ?rst supersport touring bike boasts standard ABS and adjustable ergonomics—that widen the gap between it and common sport tourers.
- Advanced air management system and adjustable bodywork keep the FJR rider looking and feeling cool.
- Compact, lightweight 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine delivers power and torque for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range.
- Engine is a fully stressed chassis member, allowing for a lightweight frame design.
- Curved radiator with custom ducting and twin-ring cooling fans keep engine and cockpit cool.
- Slant-block engine design uses stacked, tri-axis gearbox shafts that help minimize powerplant size while optimizing chassis geometry for balanced weight distribution and great handling.
- Lightweight forged pistons with carburized connecting rods provide superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding high-rpm durability.
- Advanced fuel injection system is ideal for long-distance supersport-touring, delivering crisp, seamless throttle response in a variety of altitude/weather conditions.
- Gearshift shaft features a needle-roller bearing to reduce friction for silky-smooth shifting.
- Shaft final drive system is super-durable and virtually maintenance-free.
- Low-vibration crankshaft with two gear-driven secondary counterbalancers help deliver a glass-smooth ride with reduced rider/passenger fatigue.
- Constant-mesh 5-speed transmission utilizes wide ratios to deliver relaxed long-distance touring performance combined with seamless power and acceleration.
- Four-into-one-into-two stainless-steel exhaust optimizes engine performance across the powerband.
- Wet-sump oil system uses an easy-access cartridge-type oil filter mounted on the engine’s left side.
- Sharp-looking bodywork and air-management system keep the bike and rider cooler; a central vent beneath the instrument panel cools the rider and reduces negative pressure, and fairing side panels with 1.2-inch adjustability let the rider direct airflow.
- Adjustable ergonomics: the seat can be adjusted up or down by nearly an inch, and handlebar pullback angle is three-position adjustable over a half-inch range.
- Long swingarm provides even better ride and handling characteristics, and rear spring preload adjustment is a snap.
- Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons and one rear piston; the rear brake pedal activates one rear piston and the other two front pistons—for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
- Ergonomically shaped, large-capacity, 6.6-gallon fuel tank offers excellent comfort and range and is constructed of steel allowing for the use of magnetic tankbags.
- Tall overall secondary gearing reduces engine rpm for more comfortable long-distance cruising.
- Rear frame with integrated grab handle makes lifting the bike onto the centerstand a snap.
- An additional catalyst and a heated oxygen sensor are located in the exhaust for increased control range and low emissions.
- Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of the standard accessory hard sidecases, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key.
- Long dual seat features two-part construction using different foam densities for the front and rear sections, ensuring plush comfort for both rider and passenger.
- Big windscreen adjusts over a wide range for improved wind protection with little negative pressure.
- Instrument panel contains an electronic analog speedometer and tachometer; LCD digital odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position indicator, fuel, coolant and air temperature gauges, and clock; lights for neutral, high beam, turn signals, low oil and engine warnings—as well as real-time mileage, average mileage and air temperature.
- Sleek, cat-eye dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlights throws an extremely broad beam for superb visibility and feature easy-access adjustment knobs; mirrors are easy to adjust and retract horizontally.
- Powerful dual-bulb taillight features integrated turn signals for a slick, one-piece look that’s aerodynamic and conspicuous.
- Integrated front turn signals with clear lenses add to the FJR1300A’s cutting-edge aerodynamic bodywork.
- Glove box contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
Source: Yamaha Motor